LAST UPDATED: October 7, 2013
We collect information from you when you voluntarily submit information to the Website or you post comments to us on Third Party Websites where we have a profile or presence. The following are examples of Personal Information that we may collect from you:
Examples of information we collect may include:
- first name, last name
- physical mailing (home or business) address
- telephone number (home, business, and/or mobile/cellular)
- e-mail address(es)
- approximate age/birth date (month/year)
- financial information such as payment details and your transactional history with us.
- social security or tax identification number.
We may collect Personal Information directly from you in the following circumstances:
- When you fill in and submit forms on the Website, including forms submitted at the time of subscribing to use the Website or any of the Service, posting material, reporting a problem with the Website or requesting customer service from us.
- When you contact us via online submission, telephone, electronic mail or regular mail, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you engage in any transactions through the Website or for Services and submit information for the fulfillment of anything you order or subscribe to through the Website or Services. Your Personal Information will not be distributed or shared with third parties unless it is to transact such Services as you have contracted us to do, to comply with any legal processes and/or law enforcement requests, or in order to conduct any business as we, in our sole subjective discretion, deem reasonable. We may also use your Personal Information for the marketing and/or promotion of our products or services. We may outsource all of these tasks to third parties. If you have received an email from us, and you wish to no longer receive emails, please click the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email.
Except as disclosed above, we do not collect Personal Information about visitors to this site or our customers who use this site. The Company does routinely gather data on Website activity, such as how many people visit the site, the pages they visit, where they come from, how long they stay on the site, etc. The data is collected on an aggregate, anonymous basis, which means that no Personal Information is associated with the data. This data helps us improve site content and overall usage. The information is not shared with other organizations for their independent use. We collect this data utilizing the following:
We maintain standard Web logs that record data about all visitors and customers who use the Website and we store this information for a while. These logs may contain the Internet domain from which you access the site (such as aol.com, abc.org, etc.); the IP address which is automatically assigned to your computer when you get on the Internet (a static IP address may be identifiable as being connected to you, while a dynamic address is usually not identifiable); the type of browser and operating system you use; the date and time you visited the site; the pages you viewed on the site; the address of the Website you linked from, if any. If you sign on to this Website to use its secured features, our Web logs will also contain an individual identifier and show the services you have accessed.
All Web logs are stored securely, and may only be accessed by The Company staff on a need-to-know basis for a specific purpose to use web log information to help us design our site, to identify popular features, to resolve user, hardware, and software problems, and to make the Website more useful to visitors.
We may place Internet "cookies" on the computer hard drives of visitors to this Website. Information we obtain from cookies helps us to tailor our site to be more helpful and efficient for our visitors. The cookie consists of a unique identifier that does not contain information about you
You may have software on your computer that will allow you to decline or deactivate Internet cookies, but if you do so, some features of this site may not work properly for you. For instructions on how to remove cookies from your hard drive, go to your browser's website for detailed instructions. In addition, further information regarding cookies may be available on other Websites or from your Internet service provider. Firefox and Internet Explorer are two common browsers.
We may use a third-party vendor to help us manage some of our e-mail communications with you. While we do supply this vendor with e-mail addresses of those we wish them to contact, your e-mail address is never used for any purpose other than to communicate with you on our behalf. When you click on a link in an e-mail, you may temporarily be redirected through one of the vendor's servers (although this process will be invisible to you) which will register that you've clicked on that link, and have visited the Website. The Company never shares any information, other than your e-mail address, with our third-party e-mail vendor, which does not share these e-mail addresses with anyone else.
Even if you have given us permission to send e-mails to you, you may revoke that permission at any time by following the "unsubscribe" information at the bottom of the e-mail.
We will periodically ask users to complete surveys asking about their experiences with features of the Website. Our surveys ask visitors for demographic information such as age, gender, and education, but will not request that users provide specific information about any medical condition. We use survey information for research and quality improvement purposes, including helping us to improve information and services offered through the Website. In addition, users giving feedback may be individually contacted for follow-up due to concerns raised during the course of such evaluation. Demographic information and Web log data may be stored for future research and evaluation
We may disclose personal information to any person performing audit, legal, operational, or other services for us. We will use information which does not identify the individual for these activities whenever feasible. Information disclosed to vendors or contractors for operational purposes may not be re-disclosed to others by such a vendor or contractor.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy or transfer any business or assets (in part or whole), in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller, buyer or recipient of such business or assets.
- In order to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal duty or obligation (including without limitations requests or demands from law enforcement and government authorities and regulators).
- In order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual prohibited activities, including but not limited to, fraud and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or to prevent financial loss to any person or entity, including the Periodical Company, Inc., its customers, clients, and other parties.
- In order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements.
- To business partners who offer a Service to you jointly with us (such as Apple’s iTunes store).
- To publishers of any publications you subscribe to using our platform or any associated apps.
The Company may collect data from third party Websites. The use of personal data of users from Third Party Sites is restricted to the use of only what is necessary for The Company's operations and is used by staff on a need-to-know basis. The use of any data derived from Third Party Websites will be utilized in accordance with Third Party Websites Terms of Services as outlined on Third Party Websites pages.
If a user makes a request to receive information in an ongoing manner through this Website by providing their e-mail address (for example, requesting a subscription to one of our online publications), we may send you e-mails for the marketing and/or promotion of our products or services. If you have received an email from us, and you wish to no longer receive emails, please click the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email.
In order to accept payments as a Publisher, you may need to enter personal information including your address, full name, and tax identification information. The Company will not sell this information and it will be only accessible on a need to know basis for payment and tax purposes.
The Website is not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18. Any User of The Website expressly represents and warrants that they are 18 years of age or older. We do not intentionally collect or store Personal Information from users under the age of 18. If you have reason to believe that a user under 18 years of age has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take steps to remove such information.
Please note that data that is transported over an open network, such as the Internet or e-mail, may be accessible to anybody. We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted via such open networks. When disclosing any Personal Information via an open network, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to others, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. Your data may be lost during transmission or may be accessed by unauthorized parties. We do not accept any liability for direct or indirect losses regarding the security of your Personal Information or data during its transfer via Internet. Please use other means of communication if you think this is necessary or prudent for security reasons.
For network security purposes and to ensure that the Website remains available to all users, we employ commercial software programs to monitor network traffic and attempt to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. All payment information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, encrypted into our payment gateway, and accessible only by those authorized with special access rights to such systems who are required to keep the information confidential.
Password-protected areas of the Website can be accessed only with a valid user name and password. Each password owner is responsible for keeping the password confidential and safe, as we have no control or responsibility for this type of user information. If the password may have been stolen or might otherwise be misused, it is the responsibility of the password owner to notify us immediately for further action.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, our policies and practices concerning this site, your rights under this statement, and your dealings with this Website, you can contact The Company by sending a message to email@example.com.